Stuffed vine leaves and zucchini - mehshi warak enab w koussa. How To Make Yalanji (Vegetarian Stuffed Grape Leaves) - يالنجي ورق عنب - dolma Yalanji is a very popular appetizer and all Middle Eastern countries, made. Warak enab, or stuffed grape leaves, and kousa mahshi, which are stuffed zucchini, can sometimes be served together, and they are another fantastic addition. Mahshi Warak Enab (Stuffed Vine Leaves) - Arrange mahshi over layer of bones and sliced tomatoes and onion; Add water to cover, salt, and cook about an hour.
Ingredients of Stuffed vine leaves and zucchini - mehshi warak enab w koussa
- Prepare 500 g of vine leaves, washed and stems removed.
- You need 1 kg of baby zucchini, washed.
- Prepare 1 kg of lamb ribs.
- It's 3/4 cup of lemon juice.
- Prepare of For the stuffing:.
- You need 600 g of coarsely ground beef.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of white rice, washed and drained.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
It is always served with wide range of salads. Tasteful and light meal at the same time. Add the stuffed zucchini and any meatballs and bring to the boil. Ask anyone in Qatar - stuffed grape leaves must be made with loving hands, not purchased.
Stuffed vine leaves and zucchini - mehshi warak enab w koussa instructions
- In a deep bowl, mix the stuffing ingredients together..
- Place the vine leaves in a pot filled with boiling water for 1 min. Remove from hot water and place under cold water. Strain well and set aside..
- Take one vine leaf and spread it on a flat surface and place 1 teaspoon of the stuffing in the middle forming a straight line. Fold the sides inwards first and roll to warp. Make sure the stuffing is completely covered and the vine leaf is tightly wrapped. Repeat same procedure with the other vine leaves..
- Trim the ends of the zucchini. With a corer, pierce the top and remove the insides, making sure to keep a relatively thick outer layer that can hold the stuffing..
- Fill only ¾ of each zucchini leaving space for the rice to expand when cooked..
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the meat ribs and fry them in a skillet until brown..
- Place the cooked ribs at the bottom of a deep pot..
- Place the wrapped vine leaves over the ribs in layers then place the stuffed zucchini on top of the leaves. Add the lemon juice and some boiling water to cover the pot contents. Place a plate, face inwards, on top of the contents to weigh them down while cooking..
- Cover pot and allow it to simmer on low heat for 1 hr 30 min..
- Turn off the heat and remove the plate. Remove the zucchini and set aside..
- To serve, place a serving dish, facing inwards, over the pot. Turn over the pot upside down, holding tightly the dish under it. Let the content drop on the serving dish and remove slowly the pot. Arrange the zucchini on top..
- Serve warm with yogurt on the side..
Qatar is bordered by Saudia Arabia and the A yummy Middle Eastern recipe. A perfectly stuffed Arabian grape leaf is a thing of beauty, and this version can be found throughout the Gulf. A perfectly stuffed Arabian grape leaf is a thing of beauty, and this version can be found throughout the Gulf. After slowly simmering in a bath of olive oil and lemon juice, she's plump, tart and silky rich. Qatari warak enab are bundles of grape leaves stuffed with lamb and millet.