Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles. Zucchini noodles with shrimp in light scampi sauce with roasted zucchini, Roma tomato and topped with parmesan, parsley and lemon. This One Pot Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles makes a tasty and healthy dinner. The shrimp are cooked in a buttery, lemon-garlic sauce and then combined with zoodles.
Ingredients of Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It's 1 of shallot, finely chopped.
- It's 4 cloves of garlic, minced (1 1/2 tablespoons).
- Prepare 1 pound of large shrimp.
- It's 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (if desired).
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of low-sodium chicken broth or white wine.
- You need of Zest of 1/2 lemon.
- You need 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon (1 lemon).
- You need 2 of medium zucchini squash.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley leaves.
- You need 2 tablespoons of freshly grated parmesan.
This tasty Shrimp Scampi Pasta Recipe uses healthy, gluten free zucchini noodles! Healthy family dinners are about to get a lot more delicious with this easy pasta dish! Season with salt and black pepper. Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles Recipe.
Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles instructions
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat..
- Add the shallot to the skillet and cook until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes..
- Add garlic to the skillet and cook 30 seconds..
- Add the shrimp, salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper to the skillet. Sauté for 3 minutes, until the shrimp are beginning to cook but are still translucent..
- Add chicken broth, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the skillet. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute..
- Using a spirilator, make zucchini noodles and add them and about 3/4 of the parsley to the skillet. Be sure that everything in the skillet is coated with the garlic-lemon sauce. Heat until warmed through.(Avoid over cooking or the noodles will become mushy).
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley and Parmesan..
- Serve warm with the sauce in the skillet..
I have fond memories of going to our favorite local Italian restaurant as a kid and loving, like seriously loving, the shrimp scampi they served. Unfortunately for my parents, we basically refused to order from the kids menu. Let's make Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles! I put this dish together, no hard and fast recipe. Healthy spiralized zucchini, whole wheat linguine pasta, and garlicky shrimp scampi make a perfect weeknight dinner that's easy to twirl your fork to.