Zucchini Fries. How to make Zucchini Fries in easy steps. It's also high in selenium, riboflavin and phosphorus. This sturdy summer squash, when breaded and baked (no frying necessary!), is a fantastic alternative to traditional french fries.
Ingredients of Zucchini Fries
- Prepare 2 medium of Zucchini.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Bread crumbs.
- You need 1 tbsp of Seasoning salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of lemon pepper (or 1 tsp black pepper).
Zucchini Fries are the perfect way to enjoy fresh garden zucchini and are perfect served as an appetizer or a side dish! Crispy and crunchy with tender zucchini inside. "Crunchy, cheesy fried zucchini chips without the guilt of deep frying. This is the perfect way to make use of those abundant zucchini from the garden! Dredge a zucchini fry in flour mixture and then dip into It also works great with thick-cut onion rings or even green tomatoes.
Zucchini Fries step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cut zucchini in half, so spears are about 2-3 in long.
- Cut zucchini in half length wise, cut into 1/4s so you get 16 spears from each zucchini.
- Mix eggs in bowl, set aside.
- Mix bread crumbs, pepper & seasoning salt together, set aside.
- Grease a baking pan, and set up your line like this: Zucchini, Eggs, Bread crumb mix, Baking pan.
- Roll zucchini in egg, then in breadcrumbs, put on baking sheet. Continue until all spears are coated..
- Bake for 15-20 mins, turning them over half way..
- They should be softened, but still firm enough to hold without falling apart..
- Serve with ranch dressing or enjoy alone!.
Cut the zucchini lengthwise into thin strips. Pour oil into a large frying pan to a depth of two inches. These Zucchini Fries are the real deal. I'll admit I was very skeptical when Matt was making them the Baking these zucchini fries creates optimal lightness and crunch. Frying them in coconut oil or.