Sautéed Zucchini With Onions And Bacon. Add Brussels sprouts; cook and stir until Brussels Always a favorite in my house. Here are my changes, my sprouts were so big, I quartered them, I sliced the bacon prior to cooking it and sautéed it with the. red onions, cream cheese, zucchini, hazelnuts, olive oil, mint. From onions and butter to bacon and vinegar… ya'll had me drooling on my keyboard!
Ingredients of Sautéed Zucchini With Onions And Bacon
- You need 2 medium of Zucchini.
- It's 1 medium of onion.
- It's 2 slice of bacon thick cut,.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of Salt and Pepper to taste.
The changes I made were I added a few baby bella mushrooms when I sauteed, served it over rice, and topped it with a few cut. I've made this simple Zucchini and Onions recipe twice so far along the way. I start out by sautéing my zucchini and onions in olive oil. The onions and garlic sauteed to a golden goodness which enveloped the Zucchini and Summer Squash in flavor!
Sautéed Zucchini With Onions And Bacon instructions
- Preheat cast iron skillet.
- Add bacon to skillet fry until crispy and golden brown remove and set aside.
- Rinse dry and Slice onion and zucchini in to thin slices.
- Add sliced zucchini and onions to skillet with bacon drippings over medium heat. If needed add olive oil then add salt and pepper. Stir frequently.
- Until onions are translucent and zucchini softens with edges browning may cover skillet for 2-3 minuets during cooking . To help soften top layer of zucchini ad simplify stirring. When done sprinkle with crumbled bacon and serve.
- For vegetarians leave out bacon use Olive oil Gluten Free.
You could also try this if you wanted to use zucchini in a stir fry. It was delicious, I'll enjoy eating Zucchini with Onion and Garlic a lot more preparing it this way! Yes, this recipe meal preps wonderfully. Finely chop the onion and store separately from the cut squash. Keep uncooked vegetables in an airtight container in.