Sautéed Zucchini And Corn. Fresh corn and zucchini are pan-fried in butter, creating a lovely side dish perfect for summer evenings. This is a great way to use two of the season's most bountiful crops. Betty demonstrates how to make a delightful Southwestern side dish—Sauteed Zucchini with Corn and Green Chilies.
Ingredients of Sautéed Zucchini And Corn
- You need 2 tbsp of Unsalted butter.
- You need 1 large of Leeks.
- Prepare 1 medium of Zucchini or yellow Squash.
- You need 2 medium of Ears corn.
- You need 2 tbsp of Heavy Cream.
- You need 1/4 cup of Chiffonade of basil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Lime juice.
- It's of Salt and pepper.
It's quick dish that doesn't turn watery—the real. Sautéed zucchini, bell peppers, and corn with seasonings that you've already got in the pantry. Corn and zucchini sauté is a recipe I grew up on. By now we've pretty firmly established that I wasn't a typical child growing up.
Sautéed Zucchini And Corn instructions
- Let's prepare all the ingredients : halve the leek, wash and slice crosswise into very thin half-moons. Cut kernels from the cub, stand the cob on one end, and slice downward with a sharp knife. ( keep the blade against the ear), brush zucchinis and cut into 1/4 inch dice. Cut basil chiffonade.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat until foamy..
- Add leek and season with salt, cook stirring frequently , until leek is translucent , about 2 minutes..
- Add zucchini and corn and cook until tender and color is bright , about 2 minutes. If you think is still firm, close the skillet with a lid, steam about 2 mins. Do not over cook.
- Stir in cream and basil and season with salt and pepper. Add lime juice,.
- Serve warm, Garnished with basil leaves if desired..
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until foamy. Add leeks and season with salt. Corn, Zucchini & Tomatoes with Goat Cheese. Corn and bell peppers add color and flair. It goes great with any summer meal, but I always serve it with roast pork.