Fried Zucchini with Spicy Dipping Sauce. The Best Fried Zucchini Dipping Sauce Recipes on Yummly Summertime Beer-battered Fried Zucchini With Honey-mustard Ranch Dipping Sauce, Buffalo Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce, Apricot Dijon Dipping Sauce Serve zucchini sticks immediately upon removing them from the oven with the dipping sauce on the side. Note: The zucchini is also wonderful oven "fried" in slices.
Ingredients of Fried Zucchini with Spicy Dipping Sauce
- Prepare of Fried Zucchini.
- It's 1 of peanut oil.
- You need 3 large of zucchini.
- It's 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of finely grated Parmesan.
- You need 2 tbsp of finely chopped fresh parsley leaves.
- It's 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 2 pinch of of salt and fresely ground black pepper.
- Prepare 3 of eggs, lightly beaten.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare of Spicy Dipping Sauce.
- It's 1 cup of sour cream.
- It's 2 tbsp of buttermilk.
- It's 1 medium of shallot, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped chives.
- It's 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 dash of of hot sauce.
- You need 1 pinch of kosher salt.
- You need 1 pinch of freshely ground black pepper.
Working a few at a time, dip zucchini rounds in egg wash, and then gently press both sides into the ciabatta breadcrumbs to coat. For the zucchini fries: Add the flour to a shallow baking dish. In a second shallow bowl, place egg whites. In a third shallow bowl, combine panko, salt, and pepper.
Fried Zucchini with Spicy Dipping Sauce step by step
- Preheat oil in a deep-fryer to 350°F (medium temperature)..
- Cut zucchini into 1/2-inch rounds..
- Measure flour into a pie plate. In another pie plate, combine panko, Parmesan, parsley, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. In a third plate add eggs and water..
- Dredge the zucchini, on either side and edges, in the flour, followed by the egg, and finally in the panko..
- Working in batches, place the breaded zucchini slices in the hot oil and fry until golden brown, or 3 to 4 minutes..
- Drain each fried zucchini on a paper towel lined sheet tray and immediately season with salt and pepper..
- Serve hot and enjoy!.
- For Spicy Dipping Sauce: Add all the ingredients into a serving bowl and mix until incorporated. Cover with plastic wrap and let flavors marinate for at least 1 hour..
Dip each zucchini piece in seasoned bread crumbs; dip in egg white to coat, letting excess drip off. Measure flour into a pie plate. In another pie plate combine panko, Parmesan, parsley, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper, to taste. Dry all-purpose flour (for dredging batter coated zucchini) Japanese panko bread crumbs (for final coating) Cucumber Dip (for serving. Drop some zucchini slices in the flour.