Summer Vegetable Ratatouille. This fresh vegetable medley makes a batch, but it freezes well. Everything is sauteed in batches and then mixed together and chilled or served "My favorite way to serve this ratatouille is with crepes. This cheesy ratatouille is a delicious way to enjoy summer veggies.
Ingredients of Summer Vegetable Ratatouille
- Prepare 2 of to 3 Tomatoes.
- It's 1 of to 2 Zucchini.
- It's 2 of Bell peppers (green, red, or yellow).
- It's 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 1 small of Canned tuna (oil-packed).
- You need 1 of Oregano.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of generous amount Coarsely ground pepper.
- It's 1 clove of Garlic (minced).
Vegetable Soup with Mini Pork and Chicken Meatballs. Traditional ratatouille, cooked uncovered in the oven, relies on evaporation to get rid of the large If you just tossed all of the vegetables in a slow-cooker, a device designed to trap and contain heat and. Make use of your garden's surplus with this comforting dish from the Provence region of France. It's a vegetable dish traditionally made with eggplant, tomatoes, onions.
Summer Vegetable Ratatouille step by step
- This time, I used these cooking tomatoes (roma tomatoes.) You could also use regular tomatoes or canned tomatoes..
- I used 1 green and 1 yellow zucchini..
- If the tomato skins bother you, peel them. If you're using cooking tomatoes, the skin won't be a problem. Remove the stem and chop into bite-size pieces..
- Remove the stem from the zucchini and halve lengthwise. Then slice into 1 cm half moons..
- Chop the onion and bell peppers into the same size as the tomatoes..
- Heat a thick-bottomed pot over low heat and add the oil from the tuna can. Add the chopped garlic and cook until fragrant. Then add all the vegetables and cook over medium heat. Add the tuna. When all the ingredients are coated with oil, add the oregano and cover the pot and simmer..
- When it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low and continue simmering for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. You don't need to add water since a lot of liquid seeps out from the vegetables..
- When all the ingredients are cooked through and the liquid is reduced, season with salt and pepper..
- I made this one with tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, shiitake mushrooms, canned mix beans, and canned tuna. The beans really work well too..
- Here's a variation with cherry tomatoes, zucchini, egg plant, bell peppers, kabocha squash, buna-shimeji mushrooms, onion, and tuna can. Kabocha added some sweetness..
Put all the beautiful summer vegetables in a dish and bake it. Something about slow baking the vegetables covered really brings out their flavor.. Ratatouille, aka "the vegetable dish that vegetable haters won't be able to get enough of." So, if prices haven't come down in your area yet, tuck this one away for later this summer when your. I'm starting to get summer vegetable overload. The French solved this problem long ago and developed a dish we all love - ratatouille!