Low fat Spanish omelette. Take the Spanish omelette to another level with this healthier version, which uses sweet potato and turkey bacon and makes up four of your five-a-day. Eggs are not only packed full of nutrition but they are tasty, they are cheap and they are extremely versatile when cooking. Have your say: Have you tried this low-fat Spanish omelette recipe?
Ingredients of Low fat Spanish omelette
- You need 3 of medium sized potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 of small onion.
- Prepare 1/4 of courgette/zucchini.
- You need 4 of eggs slightly beaten.
- You need 3 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
Add the eggs, potatoes and onions and cook over low heat, flipping omelette once to cook other side. To check the omelet is cooked, gently press on the centre of the omelet. So next time you're wondering how to make Spanish omelette why not give this a quick go? The Spanish Omelette recipe out of our category omelet!
Low fat Spanish omelette step by step
- On this version I will peel and boil the potatoes in salted water..
- Chop onion finely and sautee in a bit of oil until soft, add the chopped courgette too and cook until soft..
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add the boiled drained and mashed potatoes and the soft onion and courgette. Add Salt if you like. Mix all ingredients.
- Add a teaspon of oil to the pan and heat. Add the mixture and cook on a medium hob..
- When starting to brown we have to turn the omelette. This is the tricky part. Use a plate just slightly bigger than your frying pan..
- Turn the omelette into the plate and return to hob. Cooked side up.
- Finish cooking and is ready to serve..
An omelette may not seem like part of a low-calorie plan, but a Fill Your Omelette Right. Omelettes are one of the most versatile dishes you can make. Consider staple combination dishes like that of a Spanish potato omelette, Italian omelette, or the Greek omelette to start with the main concept for. Add the sweet potato mixture and reduce heat to low. Tortilla can be served warm as a main course or cold as it makes excellent picnic food cut into wedges.