Sig's Pasta Salad with Courgettes and Goats Cheese. Cut the goats' cheese into smaller chunks. Shake the ingredients for the dressing in a jar, and pour over the vegetables. Sprinkle over the pine nuts and serve.
Ingredients of Sig's Pasta Salad with Courgettes and Goats Cheese
- It's 500 grams of of pasta of choice, I like using tagliatelle..
- Prepare 4 of to 5 tablespoons of olive oil , plus a little extra for drizzling over the pasta.
- It's 4 of small spring onions very finely chopped, include some of the stem.
- It's 2 of to three tablespoons of best balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 3 of small courgettes (zucchini ).
- It's 3 of cloves of garlic, bruised and very thinly sliced.
- It's 150 grams of creamy soft, goats cheese , I use a a camenbert type cheese.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried mint , though this is optional.
- Prepare 4 of large flat mushrooms , portobello optional, I just like to serve the salad on the mushrooms for extra texture.
Compose each dish with a handful of arugula leaves, a few cooked chopped beets, some crumbled goat cheese, and some chopped toasted walnuts. I knew exactly what I wanted to make first with my arugula: pasta salad. It's my friend Whitney's recipe, and became one of my favorites after my first bite. While the pasta is cooking, chuck the onion, garlic, courgette and lemon into a pan and coat with olive oil.
Sig's Pasta Salad with Courgettes and Goats Cheese step by step
- Boil your chosen pasta as to instructions on packet or/and if using homemade until Al dente..
- in the meantime whilst the pasta is boiling cut the courgettes/zucchini in half lengthwise and then slice them thinly into halve circles. Heat the oil in a pan..
- Add the very finely chopped onion to the pan and soften it but do not brown . Then add the courgettes and cook them for about five minutes or so , drizzle them in between with the balsamic vinegar, add the garlic and cook until the courgettes have taken on a slightly golden brown colour but still Al dente. Do not fry them..
- If you are using the mint you can stir this in now.stir and turn off the heat and set aside to cool.
- When the pasta is cooked drain in a sieve and run cold water over it so that it not carries on boiling. Drizzle with a little olive oil leave to cool.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and cook your portobello mushroom , remove from pan serve the salad over the mushrooms, one for each person, , serve and enjoy..
- Tip your pasta into a bowl and add the courgette mixture . Cut the cheese into small bits . Gently stir everything together...
Remove from the heat and serve. Vegetable Pasta Salad with Goat Cheese. Combine vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Grilled courgettes and goat's cheese make an interesting filling. Spread the goat's cheese on the cooled bases, arrange the courgettes and chillies on top and spoon over the.