Ingredients of Stuffed Quesadilla
- Prepare of Quesadilla.
- Prepare 1/4 of zucchini, thinly sliced.
- It's 1/4 of yellow squash, thinly sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of eggplant, thinly sliced.
- It's 1/2 cup of white rice.
- You need 1 tsp of green onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of jalapeño, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of finely grated cheese (cheddar, white, Monterey Jack, or a blend all work well).
- It's 1 tsp of cilantro, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of fajita or burrito sized tortilla shell (I love the Mission brand).
- You need 1 of sour cream.
Stuffed Quesadilla instructions
- Slice zucchini, squash, eggplant, or whatever vegetables you want to use into thin slices. Finely chop green onion and cilantro..
- I sort of cheated in this recipe - I had leftover basmati rice with peas and cilantro cooked up in a vegetable broth which was killer - I'm sure plain white rice would be just as good however! Either way, cook up about 1/2 to 1 cup rice..
- Heat up olive oil in a small sauce pan on medium heat, and add your vegetables. Salt and pepper to taste. After a couple minutes, add the jalapeño, green onion, and cilantro, and toss everything to coat..
- After everything has softened a bit, add your rice and get everything nice and blended. Remove from heat, set aside, and add your cheese..
- In the same pan, add vegetable oil. Add the tortilla shell (make sure there is a thin layer of oil depending on the size pan you use), and place the vegetable/rice mixture on half of the tortilla. Top with chopped cilantro. Fold over the other half and fry for about one to two minutes or until looking golden..
- Flip and cook another couple minutes until the other half is nicely golden as well..
- Remove from pan and top with sour cream and cilantro for garnish and enjoy!.