Quinoa Minestrone "Soup".
Quinoa Minestrone "Soup"
Ingredients of Quinoa Minestrone "Soup"
- You need Half of cup of quinoa (around 150g I've used, that wasn't half cup).
- You need of Around 1 liter of veggie stock.
- It's 500 g of spinach, chopped.
- You need 50 g of basil leaves, chopped.
- It's 2 of onions, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of medium potatoes, diced 🥔.
- You need 4-5 of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of tomato, diced 🍅.
- You need 150 g of carrots (3/4 cup), diced.
- Prepare 150 g of Green beans (3/4 cup), diced.
- Prepare 1 of peek sliced.
- It's Half of cup celery, diced.
- It's 1 of zucchini, peeled and diced.
- It's of Olive oil,.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
Quinoa Minestrone "Soup" step by step
- So first of all this recipe is a bit of experiment. I definitely wouldn't call it a soup, as it became quite thick even though I have added some splash of water during cooking, and also I would probably change a few things next time. I will write some conclusions as a last 'step' so I won't forget....
- First things first, let's dice and prepare everything. On this picture, the 2 darker green bowls contain the "spinach-basil base", in the next step I will write down how I made that and this picture also contains the cooked quinoa..
- Spinach-basil base: so we got the chopped spinach and basil leaves, and about a liter of stock. We mix them and blend it as smooth as possible. I've used a normal hand blender..
- So just to don't forget, as a step please cook the quinoa, if you haven't done already..
- On a bit of oil sauté the onions over medium heat for a few minutes until they get golden a bit,then add the garlic and the diced tomato, bit of salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes..
- Add the carrots, green beans, leek and celery then mix well..
- Poor in the blended Spinach-basil base and add the quinoa to the pot. Season to taste. Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes..
- Finally, add the zucchini and the potatoes and cook for another 15 minutes, or until the veggies reached how you like them (super soft or a bit al dente? 😊) finally if needed season again with salt and pepper..
- Finally, serve it!.
- And as I was cooking some notes here what I tried to differently. I definitely need more liquid or less filling as at the end, especially on the next day it looks more like a veggie stew. I also wonder how it could be a bit better looking. Advises welcome! 😊.