Zucchini Spaghetti and Chicken.
Zucchini Spaghetti and Chicken
Ingredients of Zucchini Spaghetti and Chicken
- It's 400 g of chicken breast (diced) / 14 oz ..
- Prepare 500 g of zucchini courgette / / 17½ oz ..
- Prepare 250 g of Carrot / 9 oz ..
- It's 250 g of yellow onion (sliced) / 9 oz ..
- It's 250 g of mushroom (sliced) / 9 oz ..
- You need 100 g of peppers mixed (sliced) / 3½ oz ..
- It's 100 g of scallions spring onions / / 3½ oz ..
- Prepare . 100 fl of stock (veg, chicken or mixed) ml / 4 oz ..
- You need . 62.5 fl of dry white wine * ml / 2 oz . (½ glass).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of mustard wholegrain.
- It's 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
- You need pinch of chili dried flakes.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of low fat crème fraîche.
- You need 1 small handful of basil chopped fresh (preferred).
- Prepare or 1 tablespoons of basil of dried.
- You need of Spray2Cook - any low - cal . non - stick cook ’ s oil spray.
Zucchini Spaghetti and Chicken instructions
- Cut the Zucchini and carrots into very thin long strips – ideally using a mandolin – gauge 3.5 mm / ⅛ inch..
- Microwave: the Zucchini for 4 minutes; and the carrots, onions and peppers for 6 minutes (adding the mushroom for the last 2 minutes) – set all the vegetables aside..
- Put a large lidded fry pan on medium to high heat and spray with Spray2Cook. When the Spray2Cook is bubbling “stir fry” to cook the chicken until the meat is opaque (about 3 minutes)..
- Re-spray well with Spray2Cook to prevent the chicken sticking. Deglaze the pan with the wine..
- Add the microwaved vegetables (leave any liquid produced by the zucchini behind) spray with Spray2Cook whilst turning over with a spoon to mix..
- Add half the stock, the chili flakes, mustard, and crème fraîche. Add more stock if needed to keep everything moist and bring to the boil. Cover the pan and simmer for 3 minutes and let the sauce begin to thicken..
- Cut the thickest piece of chicken in half to ensure it is cooked through and continue to cook if not. When the chicken is ready stir in most of the basil and simmer, uncovered, for about 1 minute until the aroma of the basil sweetens the air. Serve in warmed bowls and garnish with the remaining basil..