Ratatouille. It was the eighth film produced by Pixar. Several thoughts come to mind. Рататуй In the hilarious new animated-adventure, Ratatouille, a rat named Remy dreams of becoming a great chef despite his family's wishes and the obvious problem of being a rat in a decidedly rodent-phobic.
Ingredients of Ratatouille
- You need 1 cup of sweet onion -- diced 3/4 inch".
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic -- chopped.
- Prepare 1 ounce of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 of of a red bell pepper -- diced 3/4 inch".
- It's 1/4 of of a green bell pepper--diced 3/4 inch".
- It's 4 of each white mushroom -- quarter the mushrooms.
- It's 1/2 of of a eggplant – diced 3/4 inch"- then soaked in salt water.
- It's 1 of plum tomato --diced 3/4 inch".
- Prepare 1/2 of each zucchini squash -- diced 3/4 inch".
- It's 1/2 of of a yellow squash -- diced 3/4 inch".
- You need 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of oregano,dry.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of crushed tomato.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sugar (optional- this will depend on your taste).
- It's 1 sprig of fresh thyme -- chopped- no stems.
- Prepare 1 sprig of fresh tarragon -- chopped- no stems.
- Prepare 6 leaves of fresh basil -- chopped- no stems.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of salt -- to taste.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
Ratatouille step by step
- 1. Dice the eggplant and place in a bowl and add just enough water to cover and add 2 teaspoon salt and let soak for 20 minutes and the drain off. This will take away bitterness..
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil until translucent about 3-4 minutes in a large 4 quart sauce pan or dutch oven..
- 2. Add the peppers, mushrooms, eggplant, tomatoes and squash, dry oregano and sauté with a moderate heat for approximately 5 minutes..
- 3. Add stock and crushed tomatoes and sugar cook for 15 minutes or until tender not mush:).
- Add fresh herbs and seasonings..