Summer zucchini and corn pie (low carb). Watch this video and learn how to turn zucchini into long noodle-like strands. We'll cook them up in olive oil with a little bit of water, salt, and ground black pepper. Fresh corn and zucchini are pan-fried in butter, creating a lovely side dish perfect for summer evenings.
Ingredients of Summer zucchini and corn pie (low carb)
- It's 2 cup of zucchini sliced (about 3).
- You need 5 of fresh basil leaves.
- It's 1 cup of red onion diced.
- It's 8 oz of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 1 cup of fresh corn off the cob (2 ears).
- It's 8 oz of shredded Monterey jack cheese.
- You need 3 of eggs whipped.
- You need dash of salt and peper.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
We love zucchini all year, but with summer coming to an end soon I am trying to cook it as much as possible. These turned out fabulous, my homemade enchilada sauce is a must for the best flavor! Chicken and Zucchini Casserole - Low Carb. I picked up a couple zucchini squash as I was planning to bake them in a cake.
Summer zucchini and corn pie (low carb) step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F. in a saute pan, add olive oil and heat to medium-high. add chopped onion sliced zucchini and mushrooms. Cover for 5 minutes then on corn. stir together and cover for 5 to 7 minutes stiring occasionally then remove lid and saute until 90% of liquid is gone..
- Remove from heat and add to a big bowl for mixing. Add salt and pepper and stir mixing well..
- Diced fresh basil leaves and add to zucchini mixture and stir well. add Monterey Jack cheese and three eggs beaten to the zucchini mixture making sure to coat everything evenly..
- Transfer mixture to a greased pie pan. make sure everything is laying evenly across cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Then remove foil and bake for an additional 7 to 10 minutes. remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes. if you cut into it beforehand it will be extra watery it is still cooking when it comes out.
But, I changed my mind and ended up using them in a low carb chicken casserole. Zucchini is one of my favorite vegetables. We grow them in the garden every summer. The Best Low Calorie Zucchini Recipes on Yummly Roasted Zucchini With Parmesan, Pork And Zucchini Stew, Low-carb Chicken Zucchini Enchilada.