Low fat Spanish omelette. Take the Spanish omelette to another level with this healthier version, which uses sweet potato and turkey bacon and makes up four of your five-a-day. Eggs are not only packed full of nutrition but they are tasty, they are cheap and they are extremely versatile when cooking. Have your say: Have you tried this low-fat Spanish omelette recipe?
Ingredients of Low fat Spanish omelette
- It's 3 of medium sized potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 of small onion.
- It's 1/4 of courgette/zucchini.
- It's 4 of eggs slightly beaten.
- You need 3 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
Spanish Cauliflower Egg TortillaChristopher James Clark. The Spanish Omelette recipe out of our category omelet! So next time you're wondering how to make Spanish omelette why not give this a quick go? It's delicious served hot or cold - so you can whip it up for dinner or even a packed lunch.
Low fat Spanish omelette instructions
- On this version I will peel and boil the potatoes in salted water..
- Chop onion finely and sautee in a bit of oil until soft, add the chopped courgette too and cook until soft..
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add the boiled drained and mashed potatoes and the soft onion and courgette. Add Salt if you like. Mix all ingredients.
- Add a teaspon of oil to the pan and heat. Add the mixture and cook on a medium hob..
- When starting to brown we have to turn the omelette. This is the tricky part. Use a plate just slightly bigger than your frying pan..
- Turn the omelette into the plate and return to hob. Cooked side up.
- Finish cooking and is ready to serve..
To check the omelet is cooked, gently press on the centre of the omelet. A low-fat and easy to prepare version of this favorite chicken entree. Add the sweet potato mixture and reduce heat to low. Spanish Omelette recipe: A substantial omelette which is more of a meal than a snack. You can add cooked meat to the dish to make this a non-vegetarian meal.