Sweet and sour chicken easy. Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken. Especially when it tastes better than what I'd get in a restaurant, it's healthier, less expensive, and faster than calling for takeout. It's a simple sweet and sour sauce that's packed with the perfect balance of sweet yet sour Asian flavors.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour chicken easy
- It's 2 of zucchini.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare bunch of chives, green onion, fresh ginger.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It's 2 tbsp of starch and sugar each.
- It's 1 of salt, pepper, coriander.
- You need 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 4 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It's 1 tsp of chili powder, hot sauce.
- It's 1 of lemon.
- You need 2 tbsp of vinegar.
This healthier homemade Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe is a fantastic substitute for any Chinese restaurant version. And in about the time it takes to have it delivered, you could already be eating! In addition to my Easy Cashew Chicken and Cranberry Chicken , this Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe is in constant rotation at my house for dinner. How to Make Sweet and Sour Chicken.
Sweet and sour chicken easy step by step
- Chop all ingredients. Start by stir frying the vegetables and spices for a few minutes then add the chicken cubes and lemon and vinegar and cook on medium high heat till chicken is cooked..
- Add starch and sugar mix and stir. Add 1 cup of water in parts while stiring, add tomato paste..
- Cook covered for a about 5 minutes, till the sauce feels a bit thick like warm honey when trickling from a spoon.
- Serve with noodles, white rice or pasta and have a blast :).
Batter the Chicken: Whisk cornstarch, flour and salt together with egg, oil and water in a bowl (it'll be as thick as pancake batter). The chicken is pan-fried with bell peppers and pineapple for a fresh, Chinese-inspired dinner. The recipe nails the combination of sweet and sour flavors. It's tangy and sweet, but also tart and bold. Best of all, it's easy to make at home!