Courgette, Red Onion and Pea Cheese Pasta. You can substitute the Wensleydale cheese for whatever Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the red onion, garlic and courgette for a few minutes, to soften. Stir in the peas and heat for a few minutes, to warm through. Soft, sweet caramelised onions and courgettes pair beautifully with sharp, salty feta and the gentle Italy meets Greece in this easy Feta, Caramelised Onion and Courgette Pasta recipe.
Ingredients of Courgette, Red Onion and Pea Cheese Pasta
- It's 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 1/2 of red onion, finely chopped.
- It's 1 of courgette, diced.
- It's 85 of g/3oz frozen peas, defrosted under cold running water.
- Prepare 110 of g/3½oz Wensleydale cheese, grated.
- Prepare 100 of ml/3½fl oz double cream.
- Prepare 140 of g/5oz pasta.
- It's of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Tip the pasta back into the saucepan, and pour the can of mushy peas on top. Add grated cheese and a little stock to loosen the liquid slightly to form Bring back onto a low heat to heat the peas through and melt the cheese. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and set aside.
Courgette, Red Onion and Pea Cheese Pasta instructions
- Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the red onion, garlic and courgette for a few minutes, to soften. Stir in the peas and heat for a few minutes, to warm through..
- Stir in the Wensleydale cheese and then add the cream. Season with salt and pepper. Heat gently for a further 4-5 minutes, add most of the parsley and the pasta at the end. Transfer to a serving bowl or plate and serve immediately, garnished with the remaining parsley..
Add onion mixture to cooked pasta, sprinkle with cheese, toss and serve. I, like everyone else, only used a small amount of oil. Top tip for making Courgette and red onion bhajis. Serve the bhajis with any leftover mango chutney, or a cool yogurt dip. Pasta and fish are a great combination.