Simple Ratatouille with Tomatoes and Summer Vegetables.
Simple Ratatouille with Tomatoes and Summer Vegetables
Ingredients of Simple Ratatouille with Tomatoes and Summer Vegetables
- Prepare 1 large of Tomato.
- It's 1 of Bell pepper (red or yellow).
- It's 1/2 of Onion.
- You need of Summer vegetables of your choice.
- It's 1/2 of eggplant, 1/2 zucchini I used eggplant and zucchini.
- It's 1 of Olive oil or vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 of Grated cheese (optional).
- You need of Condiments.
- You need 150 of to 200 ml Vegetable juice.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper (preferably black pepper).
- Prepare 1 of Consomme soup stock cubes.
- It's 1 tsp of Grated garlic (or garlic powder).
- Prepare 1 of Herbs of your choice (basil and oregano).
Simple Ratatouille with Tomatoes and Summer Vegetables step by step
- Dice the vegetables into preferred sizes. Slice the eggplant into rounds..
- Heat olive oil in a pot and add all vegetables except for the tomato. Season with salt and pepper and sauté over medium heat..
- When soft, add tomato and condiments. Simmer over medium heat..
- Simmer to reduce until all the liquid evaporates. Done. Sprinkle grated cheese if you wish..
- Note: Ratatouille goes really well with bread or pasta. Also works with fish or meat..
- Note: Here's a variation; I served it with boiled chicken (and grated cheese)..