Simple Green Soup- Courgette & Spinach.
Simple Green Soup- Courgette & Spinach
Ingredients of Simple Green Soup- Courgette & Spinach
- Prepare 4 of Courgettes.
- Prepare 200 g of Spinach washed and dranied.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- It's 400 ml of Stock (Vegetable or Chicken).
- Prepare 100 g of Parmesan Cheese.
- Prepare 2 of Table Spoons of Olive Oil.
- It's 1 Knob of butter.
- It's to taste of Salt & pepper.
Simple Green Soup- Courgette & Spinach step by step
- Wash courgettes and dry. Slice into rounds about 5mm thick..
- Warm olive oil and butter in a medium heated frying pan and add batches of sliced courgette to lightly brown on one side. Place browned courgettes into large saucepan with the stock and have on very low heat while you continue to brown the rest of the sliced courgettes..
- Add the garlic, chopped finely, to the last batch of courgettes you are browning, (on one side only) and cook together to soften the garlic. Add to the saucepan with the rest of the courgettes and stock..
- Add all the washed spinach to the saucepan, over the courgettes and heat with the lid on until just wilted. Transfer the whole lot to a blender and whizz until smooth - a few bursts should do it. Return all to the saucepan and place over a gentle heat..
- Grate the Parmesan Cheese and add it to the blended soup. Stir in evenly over a gentle heat only..
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with crunchy bread and cheeses..