Easy Zucchini Namul. Great recipe for Easy Zucchini Namul. Zucchini are easily available these days and I use them often. The problem with them is that they go soggy after cooking.
Ingredients of Easy Zucchini Namul
- Prepare 1 of Zucchini.
- Prepare 1/2 clove of Garlic (grated).
- It's 1/3 tsp of Red chilli (sliced thinly).
- It's 1 of Umami seasoning (optional).
- It's 1 of Salt.
- It's 1 of Pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of Toasted sesame seeds.
- You need 2 tsp of Sesame oil.
- It's 1 tsp of ● Salt (for rubbing).
Zucchini have a lot of water. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Hobak Bokkeum (also called Hobak Namul) is a delicious side dish you can make in a just few minutes. ("Hobak" means zucchini. "Bokkeum" means pan-fried. "Namul" means vegetable side dish.) Hobak bokkeum is also great as a topping for bibimbap. For bibimbap, the zucchini is usually cut into thin strips instead.
Easy Zucchini Namul step by step
- Slice the zucchini diagonally and thinly. Sprinkle with salt and mix well. Let sit for a while..
- Rinse the zucchini quickly and squeeze out the excess moisture. Ensure that you hold the zucchini slices in the same direction as the vegetable fibre runs so as not to damage the texture..
- Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan and add the zucchini and red chilli..
- Once the zucchini has cooked through, quickly spread them onto a heat-proof bowl. Season with garlic, umami seasoning, salt and pepper..
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds on top to finish..
- Note: I used red chili in order to retain the nice colour of the dish. You can use powdered chili instead. Add it at the last minute..
- You can also try aubergine and zucchini namul; https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/172096-easy-aubergine-and-zucchini-namul.
- Try 8-ingredient bibimbap with plenty of vegetables;.
This Korean zucchini side dish recipe is a relatively quick and easy dish when compared to other Korean dried namul that involves first boiling the dried vegetables in water and then letting it soak for hours before you can even start making the namul. Hobak Namul (Korean Stir-Fried Zucchini) Hobak Namul is a popular Korean side dish (banchan). Usually, Chosun Hobak (Korean Zucchini) is used for this dish. They are rounder and fatter than the thin zucchinis available in most American grocers. Gaji namul is a popular summer side dish that is made with steamed eggplants.