oven baked zucchini sticks. Dip zucchini sticks into the egg whites then into the bread crumbs, a few at a time and coat well. I love zucchini sticks, and these baked ones are better than any fried version. Spray large baking sheet with oil cooking spray.
Ingredients of oven baked zucchini sticks
- You need 1 medium of zucchini.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of skimmed milk.
- You need 4 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
Our oven-baked zucchini sticks taste every bit as good as their deep-fried brethren with only a fraction of the fat and calories. Serve with a side of your favorite marinara sauce for dipping. These baked zucchini sticks would be a great way to get your kids eating a few more veggies at dinner time! How do you cut zucchini into strips?
oven baked zucchini sticks step by step
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- cut zucchini into matchsticks. put in bowl with milk..
- dredge in flour, then egg, and coat in bread crumbs..
- bake for 30 minutes turning half way through cooking time..
- serve with ranch, honey mustard or chili sauce..
I honestly can't think of a better way to get your kids to eat their veggies. Easy appetizer, side for fried chicken or pasta! Zucchini slices are coated in seasoned bread crumbs and baked in the oven creating a quick and easy appetizer or side dish with pizza sauce. These very healthy baked zucchini sticks recipe can double as a great appetizer or side dish for an Italian meal. Serve with pizza sauce either way. great flavor.