Easy Italian Round Zucchini Stuffed with Meat.
Easy Italian Round Zucchini Stuffed with Meat
Ingredients of Easy Italian Round Zucchini Stuffed with Meat
- You need 2 of Round zucchini (250-300 g each).
- Prepare 120 grams of Ground meat.
- It's 1/2 of Onion.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil (for stir frying).
- You need 25 grams of Grated Parmesan cheese (or other grated cheese).
- Prepare 25 grams of Panko (for the stuffing).
- You need 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt.
- You need 1 dash of Pepper.
- It's 1 dash of Peperoncino.
- Prepare 1 of Panko (for the topping).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Olive oil (to drizzle on top of the panko).
Easy Italian Round Zucchini Stuffed with Meat step by step
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add two large pinches of salt, put in the washed round zucchini and boil for 15 minutes. While they're cooking, chop the onion and garlic..
- Quickly soak the zucchini in water, cut off the stems, and scoop out the insides with a knife or spoon. Chop the scooped out part finely..
- They'll be really hot when you scoop them out, so be careful Also, a lot of juice will come out of the zucchini at this point, but don't throw it out. You'll use it in Step 6..
- Sauté the finely chopped onion and garlic in olive oil over low heat until wilted. The photos in Steps 4-8 were taken when I made it and doubled the recipe..
- Stir-fry the scooped out chopped zucchini and the juices, with the ground meat over low heat for 10 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and peperoncino, if you'd like..
- Break an egg into a bowl, and mix in the grated cheese and 25 g panko. Cool the stir-fried zucchini mixture slightly, and stir it into the bowl..
- Adjust the seasoning, and the filling is done. I think it tastes better well seasoned. Pre-heat the oven to 180℃..
- Stuff the zucchini with the filling, and sprinkle panko on the tops..
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake at 180℃ for about 30 minutes. Put the stem tops in the oven for the last 20 minutes..
- Adjust the baking time according to your oven Place the stem top caps on top and serve..
- It's tasty the next day, if you reheat it and eat it with consommé soup..
- I used 100% ground beef, but you could also use a mixture of ground beef and pork. I think you could also make this with ordinary zucchini..