Easy Mango Tofu Red Thai curry. This Thai panang curry recipe is SO easy to make at home and tastes better than take-out! Panang curry paste is a little more difficult to find than standard red or green Thai curries. You might get lucky and find it in the international section of your grocery store, somewhere near the soy sauce.
Ingredients of Easy Mango Tofu Red Thai curry
- It's 1 of mango.
- You need 1 block of tofu.
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion.
- You need 1 of courgette.
- It's 1 of red pepper.
- You need 1 pack of green beans.
- It's of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ginger.
- Prepare 1 pack of red Thai curry paate.
- It's 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare 250 ml of vegetable stock.
- It's 1/2 of lime.
With a little bit of chopping and throwing things in a pot at different intervals, this curry is. The secrets to a really great Thai curry using store bought curry paste are: sautéing the curry paste with onion, garlic and fresh chilli, and simmering the curry with. Red Curry Paste - I use Thai Kitchen's Red Curry Paste (aff. link). A lot of red curry pastes contain fish sauce, and this one is vegan for sure, so I would recommend it!
Easy Mango Tofu Red Thai curry step by step
- I like to start by getting the ingredients out. You could swap vegetables in for what you have in the fridge and the red curry paste that you like the most..
- Wrap the tofu in kitchen roll like a little present and then place between two plates..
- Use cans to squeeze the water out of the tofu. Leave the tofu whilst you chop the vegetables - the longer you leave it the better the tofu will be..
- Prepare the mango first. You need to feel for the pip and cut halves of the mango off either side of the seed..
- You will be left with three parts - two halves and the centre section. Cut a small grid into each half and....
- ... ‘hedgehog’ the mango. Chop off the cubes and put aside into a bowl..
- Prepare the remaining ingredients. Chop the onion, garlic and ginger. Half-moon the courgette, and cut the green beans and pepper into bit size chunks..
- Preheat a pan and add the tofu - it should sizzle when it hits the pan..
- Squeeze the tofu so it squeaks. As you prepare the curry the tofu can sizzle away. Keep an eye on it and flip it halfway through..
- Fry the onion in the oil for 3 minutes until soft..
- Sauté the vegetables for 3 minutes or so..
- By now the tofu will look similar to this - it’s close to finished. Once it’s cooked, remove from the heat and put aside..
- Add the garlic, chilli, ginger and curry paste to the curry..
- Stir everything in. It will begin to smell amazing!.
- Once everything is stirred in add the coconut milk and soy sauce. Reduce to a simmer and add the mango....
- ... and add the tofu..
- Simmer the curry away for 5 to 8 minutes - until the mango is tender. Once it is ready turn off the heat and add the juice of half a lime..
- Serve over brown rice or in a bowl. Yummy!.
Seasoned Tofu - I use the same marinating method that I use for my Indian Butter Cauliflower on this Seasoned Tofu to marinate it. Mangoes are abundant in India, where they are always juicy Nutrition Facts. This is our favourite curry and so easy to make! I would say when we make it it. Thai Mango Chicken Red Curry with Coconut Rice Quick and Easy.