Zucchini Eggplant No Ham Parmesan.
Zucchini Eggplant No Ham Parmesan
Ingredients of Zucchini Eggplant No Ham Parmesan
- Prepare 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of large yellow onion, evenly diced.
- It's 5 medium of cloves garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 reg size of cans 'san marzano whole peeled tomatoes'.
- You need 20 of fresh basil leaves.
- It's 1 large of zucchini, sliced on a bias (diagonal cut) 3/4 inch thick.
- It's 1 sm-med of eggplant, sliced 3/4 inch thick rounds.
- Prepare 4 T of 'bobs red milk egg replacer' powder (photo below).
- Prepare as needed of pure water.
- Prepare 3 cups of almond meal (traders or whole foods is good for this).
- You need 1/2 cup of sesame seeds.
- It's 1/3 cup of dried herbs (tarragon basil parsley blend).
- It's 2 T of paprika.
- You need 2 T of sea salt.
- You need 1 1/2 T of fresh black pepper.
- It's 3 T of 'everything but the bagel' seasoning (traders whole foods yes).
- It's 1 cup of 'Go Veggie' brand vegan grated parmesan.
- You need 1/2-3/4 cup of grapeseed oil.
- Prepare 1 sm of container 'kite hill' brand plain almond ricotta.
Zucchini Eggplant No Ham Parmesan instructions
- Begin by slowly building low heat in your med-lrg size sauce pot add olive oil let heat come up for 5-7 min. Use your favorite wooden spoon, stir in onions slowly and gently with EXTRA love until they are translucent. Your intention is to melt the onions with the olive oil together, the longer and slower the better... (about 15 min).
- Stir the garlic into the onions for couple seconds, immediately add the San Marzano tomatoes, bring to a high simmer over medium-high heat. Immediately turn to med-low stirring with love constantly for 30 min..
- While sauce is simmering, in a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients from the almond meal to the 'Go Veggie' parmesan. (other non-dairy vegan parmesan will work) Mix well, pour half into a large flat 3-4 inch deep dish. (reserve the rest for more breading if needed and topping later) Whisk the Bob's Red Milk egg replacer with 2 cups water thoroughly (repeat this step if more 'egg' mix is needed). Pour the 'egg' mixture into another 3-4 inch deep dish. Don't forget to stir the sauce!!.
- Turn the tomato sauce down to the lowest heat setting possible. Stirring constantly and gently for another 45- 1hr. While finishing the sauce, bread the zucchini and eggplant. Keep one hand dry and one wet alternating hands for each step of the coating process. Dry hand drop ea piece of veg into the 'egg' /wet hand coats with 'egg' then/ drops into nut crumb mixture/ dry hand coat with crumbs pat firmly to ensure sticking. All remaining crumbs will be used for topping so reserve them..
- Sauce is done! 2 hours cooking THATS a LOTTA LOVE <3. Turn off heat pick the basil leaves into small pieces stir in with salt and fresh pepper to taste (swirl in an extra spoon of olive oil ;);). Let cool. Heat your large pans for frying! I recommend cast iron and please bring up the heat slowly especially with cast iron. Once the pans are nice and hot add the grapeseed oil in 3 portions for ea round of frying, gently brown ea slice of zucchini and eggplant on both sides about 2-3 min ea side..
- Preheat oven to 300. Layer the fried slices, the sauce and almond ricotta (other brands may work this one is real good) right into your baking dish. When layering, press down gently ea layer to ensure even cooking. It comes out to about 2 full layers. Top the dish with the remaining nut crumb mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hr. Remove foil, turn up heat to 350 bake for 20 min more. Turn oven to broil and brown the topping gently golden baby! WOO HOO Thats it We're done! Let it cool!.
- Thanks for trying this dish. It actually gets better as the days go so feel free to make like 4 trays !! Hope you looooooooovvvvveeee! Bon Appetito!.