skye's parmesan pasta with sausage & zucchini. Sausage Parmesan Pasta Recipes on Yummly Grilled Sausage And Pesto Pasta, Italian Sausage With Pasta And Herbs, Sausage, Brussels, And Parmesan Pasta. Spicy Parmesan-Garlic Zucchini Pasta with Sausage and KalettesInspiralized. garlic cloves, red pepper flakes, sweet onion, grated.
Ingredients of skye's parmesan pasta with sausage & zucchini
- Prepare 6 oz of sausage (for this recipe I like Johnsonville's 3 cheese sausage, but use your fav).
- It's 1 1/2 cup of sliced zucchini (about 2 small).
- It's 1 small of onion sliced.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red pepper flake.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It's 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese (plus a little more for garnish).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of grape tomatoes, sliced in half.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of uncooked whole grain pasta (I like rotini or penne... and you can use reg pasta also).
They get finished in a simple creamy sauce flavored with Parmesan cheese. Add some pasta, top it all of with crisp bread crumbs, bake it directly in the cast. I like cooking the sausages twice for this pasta dish: first as links, to firm them up; then as coins, which get good and crisp in a melting knob of butter, releasing fat that, with a few leaves of sage and a splash of the water in which you cooked the pasta, makes for a terrific sauce for the pound of orecchiette in. This one pan pasta is a feel-good comfort food WITHOUT the heavy creams or cream-based sauces.
skye's parmesan pasta with sausage & zucchini step by step
- in medium pot, bring 2 quarts water to boil... then salt it..
- in a nice size skillet, heat your oil on medium heat..
- drop in your pasta at the same time you start to sautee your onion..
- after a few minutes... add in your sausage and red pepper flake... cook for a few minutes..
- remember to stir your pasta..
- add your zucchini to the skillet and salt and pepper..
- turn the heat under the skillet down to low and take about a cup of the pasta water and add it to the skillet to start making your parmesan sauce... stirring consistently, add in your cheese. if your skillet seems to dry, don't be afraid to add more water. you want a little extra water in the skillet. .. because your pasta will soak it up..
- when your pasta is a minute or so from being "done"... drain it and add it to the skillet. .. stirring to incorporate..
- at this point you want to add the tomatoes... and maybe a bit more cheese *grins*.
- plate it up immediately. .. and enjoy..
Instead, there are a variety of herbs that make up the base flavor of this dish. With all those herbs, the spicy Italian sausage, and the parmesan cheese, you'll find there's tons of flavor with far less calories. Trim fennel, rinse the bulb and quarter lengthwise and thinly slice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. An easy, healthy dinner: garlic parmesan rigatoni with chicken sausage, bell peppers, broccoli and onion.