Vegetarian Lasagna with Aubergine and Zucchini. Try using roasted zucchini and Japanese eggplant to replace the noodles in this vegetable-loaded and gluten-free recipe for vegetarian zucchini and eggplant lasagna. If you're wondering what kinds of vegetables to put in a vegetable lasagna, I started by looking at vegetables with shapes that mimic. This aubergine lasagne from Delish.com is cheesy and completely meat free.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Lasagna with Aubergine and Zucchini
- It's 6 of Aubergine (small).
- Prepare 2 of Zucchini.
- It's 4 clove of Garlic.
- It's 1 of to 2 teaspoons Dried thyme.
- It's 1 pinch of Sliced red chilli.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of Whole tomato tins (400 g).
- You need 50 of to 100 ml Balsamic vinegar.
- It's 1 tbsp of Consomme powder.
- You need 1 of to 2 teaspoons Dried basil leaves.
- It's 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of Easy melting cheese.
- It's 1 of Grated Parmesan cheese (or other grated cheese).
- You need 6 of to 8 Fresh lasagna sheets.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together ricotta, parmesan and egg. Put oil and zucchini in large nonstick skillet. Cover with layer of noodles, overlapping slightly, half of tofu mixture and half of zucchini mixture. For our vegetarian friends (and everyone else looking to take a welcome break from meat), we compiled our favorite vegetarian lasagna recipes.
Vegetarian Lasagna with Aubergine and Zucchini step by step
- Preparation Pre-heat the oven to 200°C. Slice the zucchini. Thinly slice the garlic..
- Preparation Slice the aubergine. Steam or blanch them..
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the garlic, thyme and red chilli. Fry until fragrant..
- Add the zucchini and fry until golden brown..
- After the zucchini are tender, add the aubergine, tinned tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, dried basil and consomme powder. Crush the tomatoes while cooking..
- Cook for 10 to 12 minutes until the sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper..
- Transfer some of the sauce onto the base of a heat-proof dish..
- Arrange easy melting cheese and parmesan..
- Place several lasagna sheets on top. Repeat Steps 7, 8, and 9 several times..
- Finish with easy melting cheese and Parmesan and sprinkle with shredded basil leaves (optional)..
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil to prevent browning..
- It is great to share..
Laura Wright of The First Mess filled her vegan lasagna recipe with carrots, zucchini, and cooked lentils. Pro Tip: Wright suggests switching things. All the veggies make this recipe pretty healthy, and you can use whatever types of dairy you prefer--whole fat, low fat, it always seems to come out great. Place on baking sheet, spray with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. This veggie lasagna is easy to make, made from scratch, and calls for simple ingredients.