Easy Sweet and Sour Pork with Chutney. Try this sweet and sour pork dish. The deep fried pork is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, and the sauce is a perfect. Easy recipes and cooking hacks right to your inbox.
Ingredients of Easy Sweet and Sour Pork with Chutney
- It's 150 grams of Pork thigh or other parts.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- You need 1 of Green pepper.
- It's 1/2 of Carrot.
- Prepare 1/3 of Eggplant or zucchini (optional).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 of White pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of ★ Apple and cranberry chutney.
- It's 20 ml of ★ White or red wine.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ★ Tomato paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of ★ Oyster sauce.
- You need 50 ml of ★ Water.
- It's 1/2 of Chinese chicken stock granule or soup stock.
- It's 1 tbsp of Olive oil or grapeseed oil.
- Prepare 1 of handful Nuts such as cashew nuts (optional).
For the sweet and sour sauce, place all of the sauce ingredients into a food processor and blend to a smooth paste. Sweet and Sour Pork with crispy pork, pineapple, bell peppers and onions in a homemade tangy sauce just like your favorite Chinese takeout. Crispy Sweet and Sour Pork is an easy classic Chinese recipe that always looks more intimidating than it is. With an easy batter and quick sauce.
Easy Sweet and Sour Pork with Chutney step by step
- Chop the onion, carrot, green onion and the pork into bite-sized pieces..
- Heat the oil in a skillet and sauté the onion. Add the vegetable, then the pork and continue frying them. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Pour in some water and simmer..
- Combine the ★ ingredients well. I used red wine this time..
- Add the Step 3 seasonings into the Step 2 skillet and simmer over medium to low heat for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve it on the bed of rice and enjoy..
- I forgot to add the green pepper the last time. I made this dish the other day so I changed the photos..
- If you prefer to thicken the sauce, add 1 teaspoon of flour before frying the pork, or add 1 teaspoon of katakuriko slurry (dissolve katakuriko with some water) at the end to thicken..
Healthier Sweet and Sour Pork With The Clever Carrot. This recipe for the classic Chinese sweet and sour pork is made healthier thanks to lean pork that's sautéed instead of So choosing which recipe to share here wasn't easy and more than a little intimidating when trying to keep up with the. Simple sweet and sour topping for slow cooker pork chops. The flavor was sweet but not overly sweet. I still loved eating my pork with applesauce.