Summer zucchini and corn pie (low carb). Zucchini, sweet summer corn, fresh garden herbs, and three cheeses all baked together in a buttery sesame cracker crust. It's still a little early around here for tomatoes, so this week's focus is majorly on zucchini and corn, two summer staples that if I'm being honest, I never know what to do with! These Low-Carb Chicken Enchilada Roll Ups are made with zucchini in place of tortillas!
Ingredients of Summer zucchini and corn pie (low carb)
- Prepare 2 cup of zucchini sliced (about 3).
- You need 5 of fresh basil leaves.
- It's 1 cup of red onion diced.
- It's 8 oz of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 1 cup of fresh corn off the cob (2 ears).
- It's 8 oz of shredded Monterey jack cheese.
- Prepare 3 of eggs whipped.
- You need dash of salt and peper.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
Watch this video and learn how to turn zucchini into long noodle-like strands. We'll cook them up in olive oil with a little bit of water, salt, and ground black pepper. Fresh corn and zucchini are pan-fried in butter, creating a lovely side dish perfect for summer evenings. Transfer to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and the.
Summer zucchini and corn pie (low carb) step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F. in a saute pan, add olive oil and heat to medium-high. add chopped onion sliced zucchini and mushrooms. Cover for 5 minutes then on corn. stir together and cover for 5 to 7 minutes stiring occasionally then remove lid and saute until 90% of liquid is gone..
- Remove from heat and add to a big bowl for mixing. Add salt and pepper and stir mixing well..
- Diced fresh basil leaves and add to zucchini mixture and stir well. add Monterey Jack cheese and three eggs beaten to the zucchini mixture making sure to coat everything evenly..
- Transfer mixture to a greased pie pan. make sure everything is laying evenly across cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Then remove foil and bake for an additional 7 to 10 minutes. remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes. if you cut into it beforehand it will be extra watery it is still cooking when it comes out.
It's nearly the end of the summer, and we are scarfing down all the sweet corn we can get our hands on before it disappears. First, Dana's caramelized corn with tomatoes and bacon, and now this quick sauté with another summer staple: zucchini. Sweet corn is one of those foods that only tastes good. Chicken and Zucchini Casserole - Low Carb. I picked up a couple zucchini squash as I was planning to bake them in a cake.