Healthy Tofu Sandwich.
Healthy Tofu Sandwich
Ingredients of Healthy Tofu Sandwich
- You need as required of French rolls / sandwich rolls / buns / sliced bread brown.
- You need 1 inch of thick firm tofu slices 2-3 .
- You need 1 of zucchini cut lengthwise.
- You need 1 of tomato sliced.
- Prepare Few of pieces of iceberg lettuce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil / butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Coriander chutney.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt & pepper powder mix.
- It's as required of Sandwich masala for sprinkle.
Healthy Tofu Sandwich instructions
- Prepare sandwich ingredients; Slice tofu into ¼” thickness and pat dry. Wash and remove ends of zucchini, then cut lengthwise into approx. ⅛” thick slices. Wash and slice tomatoes. Set aside..
- Generously grease a flat griddle and bring to medium heat. Add tofu and zucchini slices and lightly sprinkle with salt & pepper powder. Grill on both sides until they are light brown in colour. Remove from griddle and wipe and clean the griddle.
- Slice rolls lengthwise through the center and lightly spread with olive oil/butter on the inside portion. Place on medium-heat griddle to toast. Turn off the heat..
- Assemble the sandwich: Turn over the roll and lightly spread Coriander Chutney on the bottom half of the roll. Layer with lettuce followed by tofu slices. Spread tofu with more chutney. Layer with zucchini, sprinkle sandwich masala followed by tomatoes..
- Cover with the top half of the roll with chutney followed by sandwich masala. Enjoy with green chutney/tomato ketchup Note:- you can use choice of your bread; white, multigrain & brown.