Oats and Buckwheat Cheela (Savoury Pancakes). Hello guys Hope you all are good and enjoying the lockdown with your family members. Try this healthy oats and beetroot cheela for your breakfast. Made with oatmeal and chickpea flour.
Ingredients of Oats and Buckwheat Cheela (Savoury Pancakes)
- Prepare 1 Cup of powdered Oats.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Buckwheat flour(millets or Ragi flour can also be used).
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped Methi leaves.
- You need 1/2 cup of thinly sliced Zucchini, bell peppers etc.
- It's 1 of Chopped onions.
- You need 2-3 of green chillies (optional).
- It's as required of coriander leaves.
- It's to taste of Salt.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. I doubled the batch when I made it. Chilla is a savory pancake Few more Oats recipes already posted in the blog are Oats upma, Oats dosa, Oats idli and Oats. Thanks to buckwheat flour, these delicious buckwheat pancakes have a light and tender texture with a delicate, nutty flavor.
Oats and Buckwheat Cheela (Savoury Pancakes) step by step
- Mix Oats, Buckwheat flour, onions and chillies with some water. Stir and make a Dosa batter consistency. Keep aside for 10 mins.
- Keep a pan on high flame till it’s hot. Brush some oil. Spread a ladle of the batter on the hot tawa/pan..
- Place thin zucchini/veggies slices on top and lower the flame. Flip and cook both sides till crisp and golden..
- For dip - grind mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chillies and jeera powder, amchur powder and salt in a grinder jar. Add some water to adjust the consistency..
- Serve golden crisp cheela with this dip/chutney and crunchy cucumbers and lettuce..
Making a batch of buckwheat pancakes is just as simple as making regular pancakes. Simply swap buckwheat flour in for all-purpose flour and you are on your way. These easy savoury pancakes make for a great dinner on Pancake Day or a lazy Sunday brunch. Buckwheat pancakes with smoked salmon and citrus cream cheese. These no-dye vegan and gluten free green pancakes taste delicious.